SUPERVISOR – OUTPATIENT SERVICES
South Boston, VA.
October 30, 2023
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified supervisor for its Adult Outpatient program, located at Halifax Behavioral Health Center in South Boston, VA. This clinical role will be supervising direct service and support staff in the Board’s Behavioral Health Center. Come work with an exceptional staff where teamwork is key and the client’s therapeutic benefit is the main focus.
- Responsible for providing clinical support and supervision to outpatient staff who provide services to individuals and their families with behavioral health needs.
- Conducts chart reviews for clinicians to ensure that documentation and case records are accurate and meet state, federal and Board requirements.
- Responsible for completing monthly reports on caseloads and staff productivity. Ensures that behavioral health practices and services meet licensing standards.
- Completes comprehensive needs assessments to determine service needs of individuals.
- Develops service plans and provides individual and group counseling to individuals who have a behavioral health diagnosis or who are dually diagnosed with a substance use disorder.
- Coordinates services and treatment with other programs at Southside Behavioral Health, private providers, and community partners. Provides emergency services assessments during work hours as needed.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling, required.
- LCSW, LPC in Virginia required.
- Experience in supervising clinical staff in a behavioral health setting, including experience in case documentation, and supervising emergency services preferred.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug testing requirements.
- Valid driver’s license.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.