DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF
October 30, 2023
2nd and 3rd Shift Available
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking qualified individuals to work with and care for residents with Intellectual disabilities. Position located at Ashley Manor in LaCrosse, VA. This position provides services which meet the needs required for persons with intellectual disabilities by the delivery of instruction/evaluating performance in activities of daily living using individual service plans, interacting with families, and performing functions necessary to prepare residents for more independent living.
- Incumbent transports clients and ensures that the safety and welfare of clients are provided for at all times.
- Instructs individuals and groups in activities of daily living, functioning in the community, basic homemaking skills, and personal care skills.
- Monitors and manages client behavior to ensure the welfare and safety of the client at all times; implements behavior management techniques.
- Assists with personal hygiene, monitoring at all times/giving physical, verbal, gestural cues, and modeling guidance as needed.
- Monitors all household chores/skills, assisting verbally, visually, prompting, and giving physical guidance as needed.
- Follows Individual Service Plans according to consumer’s needs/desires.
- Writes progress notes/quarterly, monthly, annual reports and completes daily task analysis sheets, as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor consistent with Board policies and procedures.
- Expected to work a flexible schedule and be prepared to be called, when need exists, to work any shift to ensure quality and continuity of care for residential consumers; this will be assigned at the discretion and authority of the Residential Facility Supervisor to ensure adequate coverage is maintained in compliance with established mandates.
- High school diploma or GED
- CNA or HHA training preferred.
- SHIFTS MAY VARY AND INCLUDE HOLIDAY AND WEEKEND WORK.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality, possess effective communication skills, and have all mandatory trainings (CPR, First Aid, medication, etc.) or be trainable after hire.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.