PT DIRECT SUPPORT – PER DIEM
Brunswick Halifax Mecklenburg Counties, Virginia
October 30, 2023
$20.00 PER HOUR
2nd and 3rd Shift Available
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking qualified individuals to work with and care for residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities by the provision of instruction/evaluating performance in activities of daily living using individual service plans and performing functions necessary to prepare residents for more independent living. The incumbent, when available, is expected to work a flexible schedule and be prepared to be called, when the need exists, to work any shift to ensure adequate coverage is maintained.
- Instruct residents in activities of daily living, functioning in independent living skills, and personal care skills.
- Monitors and manages resident behavior to ensure the welfare and safety of the client at all times; implements behavior management techniques.
- Implements Individual Service Plans and writes daily progress notes (quarterly, monthly, annual reports) and completes daily task analysis sheets.
- Maintains medication records and ensures medications are administered as prescribed.
- Transports residents to appointments/shopping/social events, etc., and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- CNA or HHA training is preferred.
- SHIFTS MAY VARY AND INCLUDE HOLIDAY AND WEEKEND WORK.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality, possess effective communication skills, and have all mandatory training (CPR, First Aid, medication, etc.) or be trainable after hire.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.