Mecklenburg County, Virginia
August 17, 2023
$39,803 to $58,675
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
This position at Southside Behavioral Health works with the Prevention Manager and will be a member of the Prevention Department. This position will develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate evidence-based prevention programs and initiatives related to the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Project. Work is performed under regular supervision and is guided by prevention strategies that are evidence-based and are appropriate for the population(s) focus.
- Must work in collaboration with the Prevention Manager to respond to information requests in a timely fashion
- Submit reports by established deadlines and will request technical assistance as needed.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining community awareness in each county for the purpose of promoting substance abuse prevention programs for at-risk youth by assessing community needs and active coordination with other agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in a Human Services or Health Education field (preferred).
- At least two years experience with providing educational opportunities and/or training to adults; experience with speaking and making presentations to groups;
- Experience with community outreach and conversations with stakeholders; willingness to develop new relationships and partnerships in the community;
- Previous work experience with at-risk youth and some experience in prevention programs such as child and adolescent development.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.