PERMANENT SUPPORTIVE HOUSING COORDINATOR
February 5, 2024
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who will be responsible for responding to referrals, determining eligibility and other operational duties in regard to maintaining housing stability and eligibility in the Permanent Supportive Housing program. Markets the housing program to ensure the program operates at peak capacity. Collaborates with case management and documents individual’s participation with specialized services. Schedules, coordinates, and facilitates housing opportunities for individuals through housing development activities.
- Directly responsible for implementing the Permanent Supportive Housing program in accordance with the Permanent Supportive Housing and Auxiliary Grant Manual and DBHDS guidelines and collaborates with agency case managers and service providers regarding individuals’ housing stability.
- Explains program requirements, verification procedures and penalties for false information.
- Schedules, coordinates and facilitates housing opportunities for individuals through housing development activities.
- Assesses referrals to determine eligibility and appropriateness for Permanent Supportive Housing Program. With individual’s input, identifies individual needs for housing and assists with locating stable, affordable housing.
- Completes contracts for housing and confirms rental agreements with landlords for PSH.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field (including, but not limited to: sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology) with QMHP-A.
- At least one-year experience working directly with persons with the mentally disabled populations, at a local community level, to include assessment, evaluation and planning of services, casework documentation, as well as utilization of available community resources for the mentally disabled.
- Knowledge of rental agreements, leases and the process of assessment for PSH housing.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer,women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.