Mecklenburg County, Virginia
January 20, 2023
$39,803 - $58,984
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who will be an essential member of the Finance Department team and will work collaboratively with various departments and employees. Who will process the agency payroll, maintain the data used to create the semi-monthly payroll. Will also serve as agency expert on creation and maintenance of all reports and records required by law related to payroll processing. Performs various reconciliations related to the payroll processing. Serves as Benefits Administrator for the Virginia Retirement System. Maintains accrual records for all employees. Processing, coding, and posting into the finance system all the deposits including state, federal funds, personal funds.
- Maintains records and data in payroll software for creation of semi-monthly payroll and for historical purpose.
- Processes payroll files on all employees (including, but not limited to: payroll authorizations, tax deductions documentation, direct deposit information, and all authorized payroll allowances).
- Responsible for processing payroll direct deposit, federal and state taxes submission, reports, deductions, garnishments, and PTO leave records.
- Administrator for VRS retirement/life insurance policy (including, but not limited to: monthly report of all new, terminated, change of salary and monthly payment to VRS). Acts as confidential liaison between employees and VRS.
- Responsible for coding and entering daily deposits in the electronic accounting system
- Associate Degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or comparable experience required.
- At least 2 years experience processing payroll for a public agency preferred.
- Exhibits clear understanding of General Ledger accounting structure.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.