CASE MANAGER – CHILD EARLY INTERVENTION
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
October 21, 2022
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified case manager for its Part C Service Coordinator/Early Intervention role located at the Mecklenburg Child & Family Center, in Boydton, VA. This position provides service coordination/case management services to individuals and their families receiving services through the SBH operational programs in conjunction with Part C, Early Intervention.
- Coordinates services, works cooperatively with school systems, other provider
agencies, hospitals, health departments, organizations, and individuals to assure that
eligibility for benefits are in place and maintained concerning infants and their families.
- Provides special instruction for families to include strategies which address
individualized outcomes on IFSP’s.
- Counsels & assists the families in identifying, obtaining, and effectively utilizing available community resources consistent with their identified needs in their IFSP’s.
- Makes referrals and linkages for clients and their families for accessing support services identified as part of IFSP’s.
- Activities involve preparation of service plans, coordinating and accessing service delivery programs, necessary support services, working with the local interagency council, educational planning and casework documentation.
- The objective is for the child and family to receive a variety of services which will support or enhance the child’s participation in daily activities and routines of families in community settings.
- Services also include advocating, linking, coordinating, monitoring, problem-solving and transportation.
- Incumbent is responsible for coordination of services with area schools, social services departments, public health departments, and medical establishments, etc., and assuring compliance with Part C and Medicaid requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Special Education, or related Human Services, required.
- Provision for the mentally disabled population with a major area of study encompassing evaluation, assessment, treatment/service planning and casework documentation, with a specialty in infant/toddlers’ services or equivalency in experience.
- Provision & coordination of services to the mentally disabled populations at a local community level, to include assessment, evaluation & planning of services, casework documentation, as well as utilization of available community resources for the mentally disabled and developmentally delayed infants/toddlers.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals. Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.