CASE MANAGER -ADULT
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
March 8, 2023
Southside Behavioral Health (SBH) provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who will be responsible to provide case management services to individuals and their families who are clients receiving services through SBH. The case manager’s activities involve preparation of service plans, coordinating and accessing service delivery programs, necessary support services, pre-admission and pre-discharge planning and casework documentation. The objective is for the client to maintain ongoing stability and to function at his/her highest level of productivity. Case management services include, but are not limited to, advocating, linking, coordinating, monitoring, problem-solving and transportation. These services are performed when requested or as outlined by ISP in which the client is responsible for taking an active part. Incumbent participates in crisis intervention, provides/coordinates residential placements, and participates in pre-screenings, as needed.
- Completes client assessments and evaluations to determine the appropriate needs for services.
- Develops and completes client Individual Service Plans (ISP’s) consistent with assessments evaluations.
- Makes referrals and linkages for clients and their families for accessing support services identified as part of ISP’s.
- Counsels & assists the individual client in identifying, obtaining and effectively utilizing available community resources consistent with their identified needs in their ISP’s.
- Provides follow-up services and monitoring activities to assure that community resources have been successfully accessed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human service field.
- QMHP-A preferred, but QMHP-A supervision and training provided.
- Provision and coordination of services to the mentally disabled populations at a local community level, to include assessment, evaluation and planning of services, casework documentation, as well as utilization of available community resources for the mentally disabled.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.