LICENSED/LICENSED ELIGIBLE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL-CHILDREN SERVICES
October 30, 2023
Unlicensed $44,082 - $64,982 Licensed $51,656 - $76,148
Licensed or Licensed Eligible
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual to provide individual, group and family therapy services to high-risk children and their families. This includes supportive counseling, needs assessments, emergency services and crisis intervention as needed. Promotes acquisition of skills in a variety of developmental areas, including cognitive processes and social interaction; provides curriculum planning to achieve the IFSP’s planned outcome, and provides families with information and support related to enhancing the skill development of targeted population. Ensures service plans are child centered, family focused, community based and cost effective. Ensures documentation is timely, accurate and in compliance with all regulatory agencies while maintaining effective relationships with the courts, schools, social services and other appropriate agencies. Hybrid or remote possibilities.
- Provides outpatient individual therapy to Seriously Emotionally Disturbed (SED) or at-risk children, adolescents (ages 3-18) and their families.
- Completes assessments and evaluations of all service needs of assigned clientele, including those in crisis.
- Develops and completes client Individual Service Plans (ISPs) consistent with assessment evaluations.
- Monitors client’s progress towards identified service plans.
- Ensures ISPs are child-centered, family focused and community-based.
- Plans the delivery of specific services to meet assessed needs and links clients to planned services.
- Master’s degree in clinical social work, counseling or other human services fields and can be licensed eligible, LCSW or LPC preferred.
- Candidates requiring supervision towards licensure are encouraged to apply.
- Two years experience (preferred) working with children/youths and families with significant emotional and behavioral issues.
- Understanding of the public school system and provision of services within the school environment.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
Benefits and Perks: Supervision towards licensure, professional development and training
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.