LAWN CARE / BUILDING MAINTENANCE
Brunswick Halifax Mecklenburg Counties, Virginia
January 19, 2023
$32,409 - $47,772
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified Lawn Care/ Building Maintenance Worker to perform semi-skilled work in maintenance, care, and modification of SBH grounds and landscapes.
- Performs tasks common to the care of grounds and landscapes by seeding, watering, mulching, fertilizing and applying chemicals to outside plantings, lawns and turf as well as inside flowers.
- Performs regular and directed grounds and landscape maintenance by mowing lawns with riding and push mowers.
- Removes unsightly trash and debris from public areas, raking, sweeping and bagging leaves, snow removal.
- Safely operates assigned maintenance vehicles/trailers. Including rented tractors and excavators, riding lawn mowers as well as power tools and equipment.
- Performs painting work, replace and dispose light bulbs, general custodial services.
- A High school diploma or equivalent required, An Associate’s Degree in horticulture of related field preferred
- At least 2 years experience in groundskeeping required
- Must have the ability to lift and carry groundskeeping supplies and equipment weighing up to on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer,women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.