DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF – INTENSIVE RESIDENTIAL HOME
Halifax County, Virginia
October 24, 2022
$16.00 Per Hour
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking qualified individuals to work with and care for residents with Intellectual and/or Developmental disabilities. Position located at Brandon Home in South Boston, VA. This position provides services which meet the needs required for persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities by the delivery of instruction/evaluating performance.
- Provides services such as instruction/evaluating performance in activities of daily living using individual service plans, interacting with families, and performing functions necessary to prepare residents for more independent living.
- Expected to work a flexible schedule and be prepared to be called, when need exists, to work any shift to ensure quality and continuity of care for residential consumers; this will be assigned at the discretion and authority of the Residential Facility Supervisor to ensure adequate coverage is maintained in compliance with established mandates.
- Transports clients and ensures that the safety and welfare of clients are provided for at all times.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate’s Degree (and/or related experience) in human services field preferred.
- CNA or HHA training preferred.
- SHIFTS MAY VARY AND INCLUDE HOLIDAY AND WEEKEND WORK.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality, possess effective communication skills, and have all mandatory trainings (CPR, First Aid, medication, Behavior Modification training etc.) or be trainable after hire.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.