IDDD SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Halifax County, Virginia
August 17, 2023
$35,942 - $52,984
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who provides case management/support coordination services to ID/DD individuals and their families receiving services through the SBH operational programs. The case managers’ activities involve admissions/intakes, preparation of service plans, coordinating and accessing service delivery programs, necessary support services, pre-admission and pre-discharge planning and casework documentation. The objective is for the individual to maintain ongoing stability and to function at his/her highest level of productivity. Case management services include, but are not limited to: assessing, advocating, linking, coordinating, monitoring, problem-solving and transportation. These services are performed when requested or as outlined by an ISP in which the individual is responsible for taking an active part.
- Completes individual client assessments and evaluations to determine the appropriate needs for services.
- Develops and completes client Individual Service Plans (ISP’s) consistent with assessment evaluations.
- Counsels & assists the individual client in identifying, obtaining and effectively utilizing available community resources consistent with their identified needs in their ISP’s.
- Coordinates services with other provider agencies, organizations and individuals to assure that eligibility for benefits are in place and maintained concerning clients and their families.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field or related field required.
- At least one-year experience working directly with persons with intellectual or other developmental disabilities.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.