CASE MANAGER – Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities
Halifax County, Virginia
October 21, 2022
$34,231 to $50,461
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified case manager for it Intellectual and Developmental Disability Support Coordinator role. This position is located at Halifax Creative Innovations (HCI), in South Boston, VA. This position provides case management services to consumers and their families receiving services through the SBH operational programs.
- Responsibilities involve admissions/intakes, preparation of service plans, coordinating and accessing service delivery programs, necessary support services, pre-admission and pre-discharge planning and casework documentation.
- The objective is for the client to maintain ongoing stability and to function at his/her highest level of productivity.
- Case management services include, but are not limited to: assessing, advocating, linking, coordinating, monitoring, problem-solving and transportation.
- These services are performed when requested or as outlined by an ISP in which the client is responsible for taking an active part.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services provision for the intellectually disabled population with a major area of study encompassing evaluation, assessment, treatment/service planning & casework documentation.
- Experience in the provision & coordination of services to the intellectually disabled populations at a local community level (to include assessment, evaluation & planning of services, casework documentation, as well as utilization of available community resources for the intellectually disabled).
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.