ID DAY SUPPORT SERVICES SPECIALIST
Halifax County, Virginia
September 6, 2023
$28,723 - $42,341
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who will be responsible for instruction, support, and supervision of adults with intellectual disabilities in the areas of community living, personal care tasks, socialization, communication, task learning and community integration skills such as community resources and community safety. Implements person-centered plans (PCPs) and maintains accurate and timely documentation in electronic health records such as daily data collection, progress notes, monthly reports, medication administration records (MARS) and quarterly reviews that meet the Board’s, state licensing and Medicaid requirements. Responsible for skill development and support in positive behavior and positive peer interaction. Transports individuals to various activities in the community, as required.
- Supervises and instructs individuals in ADL skills/direct instruction (community integration skills, personal care tasks and social communication skills).
- Seeks out and utilizes community resources beneficial to the individuals served.
- Organizes activities per the individual’s choice and interests.
- Implements individualized service plans to include the individual’s desired outcomes and ensures the plan is followed.
- Transports consumers to various activities, as needed, aiding in community integration for individuals.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in human services preferred.
- One year experience working with intellectually disabled individuals, preferably in a day support or residential setting.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality, possess effective communication skills, and have all mandatory trainings (CPR, First Aid, medication, etc.) or be trainable after hire.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.