LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
October 30, 2023
2nd and 3rd Shift Available
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking 4 Licensed Practical Nurse for its Hope House, ICF located in Lacrosse, VA. These positions are for the purpose of serving individuals with feeding tubes. Also this position provides medical services for the intellectually disabled residents of the Board’s Intermediate Care Facility. Shifts may vary and include holiday and weekend work.
- Maintains necessary case records and participates in interdisciplinary team conferences.
- Formulates nursing assessments and summaries, orders medications from the contract pharmacy as prescribed by the treating physicians, records, stores and dispenses medications as prescribed by physicians, gives injections as prescribed, works in conjunction with the QMRP and RN oversight, and schedules, maintains, and transports residents to medical appointments.
- Provides family and resident consultation on medications and side effects, and monitors blood levels and alerts physician of any changes and any adverse reactions to medications.
- Assists and consults with facility QDDP, RN oversight, Support Coordinator, Pharmacist, Psychologist, Dietitian, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Dentist, Education Specialist, Recreation Therapist and/or Physician/Medical Director.
- Licensed LPN in the state of Virginia required.
- Two or three years of nursing with one to two years work experience with the target population preferred.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements. Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.