CASE MANAGER – Permanent Supportive Housing
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
October 18, 2022
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is looking for a qualified Case Manager for it’s Permanent Supportive Housing role. This position provides case management services to individuals and their families who are clients receiving services through the SBH operational programs.
- Manage a caseload of 15-20 individual cases.
- Duties involve preparation of service plans, coordination and accessing service delivery programs, necessary support services, pre-admission and pre-discharge planning and casework documentation for individuals requiring a high level of services.
- Works with the Permanent Supportive Housing Program to provide case management to individuals with serious mental illness who are experiencing homelessness or have unstable housing.
- The objective is for the client to maintain ongoing stability in the community, in their housing placement and to function at his/her highest level of productivity.
- Services include, but are not limited to, advocating, linking, coordinating, monitoring, problem solving and transportation.
- Services are performed when requested or as outlined in the ISP in which the client is responsible for taking an active part.
- Participation in crisis intervention, provides/coordinates placement options, and participates in pre-screenings, as needed.
- Involved in the authorization process for services and may need to attend meetings for their clients outside of the catchment area requiring travel with use of a company vehicle or mileage reimbursement.
- Remote options available.
- Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP-A) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services required.
- Provision for the mentally disabled population with a major area of study encompassing evaluation, assessment, treatment/service planning and casework documentation, required.
- Provision and coordination of services to the mentally disabled populations at a local level, to include assessment, evaluation and planning of services, as well as utilization of available community resources.
- CPR, First Aid, CTI case management, Medication training, MANDT training to be provided upon hire.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements. V
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Excellent benefits package.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.