CASE MANAGER – RE-ENTRY
February 5, 2024
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified case manager for its Hospital Liaison Care Coordinator position located in Clarksville, VA. This position is the responsible liaison between Southside Behavioral Health (SBH) and all state mental health facilities and private psychiatric hospitals for discharge planning, assessment of services needed, coordination of service delivery programs, and clear, ongoing communication with individuals served, the SBH discharge planning team, the facility treatment team, their families, and assigned therapists and case managers.
- Represents SBH with effective, positive presentation skills and in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Required to write individualized service budgets, negotiate contracts with licensed, and private providers.
- Provide reporting on a regular basis on the use of funding and contracted services.
- Required to participate in regional utilization meetings.
- May require work outside of normal office hours including evening and weekend hours, may require travel to state and private hospitals across the state.
- Additionally this individual will be responsible for coordination of forensic assessments, restoration services and communication with all parties including legal council and court systems.
- Options for teleworking.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field required, with 5+ years of experience, or RN or Master’s Degree preferred in human services field with 2+ years of experience in community mental health, and/or hospital discharge planning for adults.
- Previous work experience in community mental health and/or hospital facility for individuals diagnosed with mental illness 2 – 5 years.
- Experience in providing discharge planning is a plus.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.