LICENSED/LICENSED ELIGIBLE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL – SCHOOL BASED
Halifax County, Virginia
March 22, 2023
Unlicensed $44,082 - $64,982 Licensed $51,656 - $76,148
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified clinician for its School Based clinical role, located in South Boston, VA. This position provides individual, group and family therapy services to children needing mental health services and their families within the Halifax County public school system. This includes supportive counseling, needs assessments, referrals to emergency services and crisis intervention as needed.
- Promotes acquisition of skills in a variety of developmental areas, including cognitive processes and social interaction;, and provides families with information and support related to enhancing the developmentally appropriate skill development of targeted populations.
- Ensures service plans are developmentally sensitive, trauma informed, child centered, and family focused.
- Ensures documentation is timely, accurate and in compliance with all regulatory agencies while maintaining effective relationships with the courts, schools, social services and other appropriate agencies.
- Works the schedule for the school system and provides services both in person and via telehealth as needed.
- Will be trained in crisis support and evaluation.
- Position may require travel within the catchment area, agency vehicle and/or mileage reimbursed.
- Master’s degree in clinical social work, counseling or other human services fields and can be licensed eligible, LCSW or LPC preferred.
- Candidates requiring supervision towards licensure are encouraged to apply.
- Two years experience (preferred) working with children/youths and families with significant emotional and behavioral issues.
- Understanding of the public school system and provision of services within the school environment.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
Benefits and Perks: Supervision towards licensure, professional development and training.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.