FRONT DESK SUPPORT-CRC
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
September 19, 2023
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified Front Desk Support individual who provides comprehensive front desk support services to all crisis services, inclusive of: entering (and accessing) client data into the agency’s electronic health records (EHR) system in accordance with Board policies and procedures, scanning, maintaining and updating of protected health information (PHI) records, performing administrative intake services for new clients, receptionist duties, telephone services (screening, directing calls, taking messages, etc.) Perform necessary duties related to facility management.
- Enters client data into the agency’s EHR system and performs new client administrative intake services. Maintains accurate client records (open, closed and pending) and ensures that pre-existing documentation is scanned and attached in the appropriate file folder in the EHR system.
- As necessary; documents/takes client referral information and schedules intake appointments with appropriate personnel and maintains client admission list, as needed. Assist with Centralized scheduling, as needed.
- When directed, pull paper client charts for distribution to appropriate clinician. Scans documentation into the EHR system in accordance with established policies and procedures. Refiles client charts as required.
- Diverts and screens daily crisis calls to the crisis telephone workers, as applicable.
- Receives/posts payments, makes daily deposits, and maintains a petty cash fund.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous clerical and/or secretarial experience preferred
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.