FACILITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
October 30, 2023
$51,656 - $76.148
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified Facility Operations Manager. This position provides supervision of procurement, all facility upkeep, repairs, ongoing and new maintenance of buildings, security, vehicle fleet management and landscaping across the Board’s three-county catchment area and reports directly to the Executive Director. This position also assists the Executive Director in special facility projects, agency wide events, landscaping and building improvement projects including managing the Request for Proposal (RFP) process utilizing state guidelines for this process. Manages, reviews and renews contracts and relationships with facility service providers for building, maintenance and repairs. This position supervises Maintenance Supervisor, Procurement Specialist, contracted personnel for ongoing and special agency projects, and conducts annual performance evaluations on subordinate staff. Manages maintenance budgets, contracts and projects and creates reports for the executive director, and board of directors on a monthly basis. Participates in annual budget planning and the projection of needed funds for facility repairs and upkeep. Conducts asset inventory as needed for compliance. This position will receive calls after hours for emergency response to agency facilities as needed.
- Manages and supervises all agency facilities including repairs, fleet repairs, maintenance, upkeep, property landscaping and procurement.
- Provides annual maintenance budget, projections on replacement and repairs of building systems (HVAC), painting, updates and building projects
- Provides monthly reports to the board of directors and executive director on activities under the direction of this department. ,
- Expected to effectively inspect, troubleshoot, and rectify issues that may arise 24 hours a day.
- Manages procurement, all grounds and maintenance staff, including staff development, training and annual evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Facility Management preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in facility management.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug testing requirements.
- Valid driver’s license.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.