DATA/ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS ANALYST
November 3, 2023
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified applicant who will be responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the agency’s electronic health record, ensuring data accuracy, and assisting the Data/EHR Manager as needed. Incumbent acts as back up to the Data/EHR Manager. This position requires full working knowledge of software operations, data collection, and data analysis. Incumbent assists with various problem-solving within the agency.
- Serves as backup to the Data/EHR Manager to include diagnosing software problems for resolution, report writing, form building, and reconciliation of system functions.
- Cross trains with the Data/EHR specialist on posting payments and adjustments in the database system, including, but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance and client payments. Interfaces with clerical, administrative and reimbursement staff to offer support and assistance in data entry/retrieval, errors, etc.
- Assist with making updates to the system according to the changes in reporting requirements (State Reporting, Taxonomy, WAMS, Trac-IT, etc.)
- Maintains and manages records that are created
- Associates degree in computer science, Information Technology, math, Statistics or related field required.
- Previous computer work experience in Windows, MS Office, report writing and database use. Previous SQLor Excel skills with aptitude for learning other analytics preferred.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.