SUPERVISOR – CRISIS RESPONSE NIGHT
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
October 25, 2022
$57,407 to $84,626
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified supervisor for its night time crisis response team. This individual must be licensed in the State of Virginia by the Board of Social Work or Board of Counseling. Hybrid remote/remote possibilities.
- Works Monday through Friday 4:00pm to 12:00am, with opportunities to work a flexible schedule and to work from home.
- Weekend coverage to assist the Crisis Response Team may be required at times.
- Designated to supervise the Crisis Response Team which responds to mental health crises in SBH clinics or in the community and oversees the Crisis Intervention Team Assessment Center (CITAC) program.
- Responsible for supervising the Mobile Crisis Response and Crisis Stabilization functions within SBH’s catchment area.
- Works with the evening and overnight Crisis Response Teams, CITAC, clinical staff, local hospital and local emergency room staff, law enforcement, magistrates, and other community partnering agencies in order to assist individuals with stabilization from mental health crises.
- Experienced in the management and assessment of mental health crises, as well as the ability to function in a high-needs, fast-paced environment.
- Crisis Services Professionals are considered essential staff and are required to work during times when the agency is closed for inclement weather and during holidays.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work, required.
- Must be licensed or licensed-eligible (LPC or LCSW).
- Must become a Certified Pre-screener within 6 months of hire.
- Professional experience working with individuals diagnosed with Severe Mental illness and Substance Use Disorder.
- Must complete the following trainings: DBHDS Pre-screener Certification, CIT, DBHDS Mobile Crisis, REVIVE, Lock & Talk, MANDT, CPR & First Aid, ASAM, and any training as assigned by Supervisor or Director.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements. Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.