CLINICIAN – CRISIS CARE (VIRTUAL OR FULLY REMOTE OPTIONS)
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
October 21, 2022
Unlicensed $44,082 - $64,982 - Licensed $51,656 - $76,148
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
The Crisis Care Clinician must be licensed or licensed-eligible. The Crisis Response Clinician is designated to lead the Crisis Response Team to respond to mental health crises in SBH clinics or in the community. This position is located in Clarksville, VA.
- Responsible for Pre Screenings, Mobile Crisis Response, and Crisis Stabilization functions within SBH’s catchment area.
- This is a day shift position that will typically work an alternating schedule for 11.5 hour shifts (Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday 11:00am to 10:30pm; Week 2: Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday).
- Responsible for alternating coverage with teammates for CITAC Monday through Friday from 4pm to 9pm.
- Works with the day time clinical staff, local hospital and local emergency room staff, law enforcement, magistrates, and other community partnering agencies in order to assist individuals with stabilization from mental health crises.
- The successful professional should have experience in the management and assessment of mental health crises, as well as the ability to function in a high-needs, fast-paced environment.
- Crisis Services Professionals are considered essential staff and are required to work during times when the agency is closed for inclement weather and during holidays.
- Work from home is permitted during the hours that the agency or CITAC are not open, with the approval of the Supervisor and/or Divisional Director.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work, required.
- Must be licensed or licensed-eligible (LPC or LCSW).
- Must become a Certified Pre-screener within 6 months of hire.
- Professional experience working with individuals diagnosed with Severe Mental illness and Substance Use Disorder. Must complete the following trainings: DBHDS Pre-screener Certification, CIT, DBHDS Mobile Crisis, REVIVE, Lock & Talk, MANDT, CPR & First Aid, ASAM, and any training as assigned by Supervisor or Director.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.