CASE MANAGER-MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS
South Hill, VA.
February 5, 2024
$44,082 to $64,982
Multiple Shifts Available
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified Case Manager who is a member of the Crisis Response Team which responds to mental health crises in SBH clinics or in the community. The Case Manager is responsible for Case Management functions to support crisis relief for individuals within SBH’s catchment area. Multiple Case Manager positions and multiple shifts are available.
- Responds to behavioral health crisis situations with empathy and compassion
- Conducts comprehensive risk assessments and mental health evaluations of individuals presenting in crisis onsite, at CITAC location, or in the community
- Responds to crises at SBH locations, hospitals, schools, jails, and in the community, including client residences
- Provides crisis intervention techniques to assist with development of coping skills
- Will conduct preadmission screening evaluations as necessary, and must be observed by a licensed professional to complete this task.
- Answers crisis calls and provides over-the-phone interventions and treatment options for follow up.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field required.
- Licensed as a QMHP required or QMHP-T within 3 months of hire.
- Must become certified as an Emergency Services Prescreener within 6 months of hire, if eligible.
- CIT Training, Assist training and REVIVE training required or must be completed within 120 days of employment (provided by Southside Behavioral Health).
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.