CRISIS RESPONSE NURSE
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
June 6, 2023
LPN $ 44,082 - $64,982, RN $ 48,000 - $75,000
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who provides nursing services to individuals who are diagnosed with a behavioral health, substance use disorder and/or intellectual disability who receive psychiatric services through SBH’s Crisis Receiving Center (CRC).
- Performs nursing assessments and intakes as required and reconciles medication lists in the EHR.
- Obtains blood pressure, height, weight, BMI, respiratory rate, and oxygenation of individuals upon admission to CRC and when necessary, through client’s acute stay, and documents in the individual’s medical profile in the EHR. Assesses and monitors for possible onset of medical issues, such as metabolic issues, acute medical issues and, under the direction of the psychiatric provider, refers and assists with transfer to local emergency room or hospital for higher acuity medical issues needing treatment.
- Obtains 12-lead ECG on client when indicated
- Assists psychiatric providers during assessments and as needed.
- Administers medications as ordered by psychiatric providers; and performs venipunctures as ordered by psychiatric providers; monitors lab results and notifies psychiatric providers of any abnormal results or acute changes.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Virginia required.
- Two to three years of nursing experience required; one to two years of providing services to individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorder preferred.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.