COMPLIANCE TRAINING COORDINATOR
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
September 14, 2023
$ 44,082 - $64,982
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who provides all mandated trainings to all SBH clinical staff and direct care staff in care of individuals with diagnosis of mental illness, developmental disabilities, and substance abuse providing information, how to assess symptoms of various diagnosis, types of medications, side effects, and how to respond to psychiatric emergencies, aggressive behavior, etc. Maintains Mandt, CPR, First Aid and medication instructor certifications and all files in accordance with DBHDS and SBH guidelines. Maintains required training and certification files and documentation for all staff that require training and certification for their position at SBH to meet DBHDS, DMAS and Licensure board requirements. Works to develop a process to remind and track completed training. This job may require travel for training the trainer and recertification.
- Coordinates and schedules all mandated training such as Mandt, CPR/First Aid, and Medication for new employees within 30 days of hire along with the Clinical Training Coordinator .
- Conducts annual certification training for each county at the administrative office for all staff in CPR, First Aid, Medication and MANDT
- Conducts site medication training with new hires after they have completed initial medication training during orientation.
- Plans and submits request(s) for training purchases and materials needed.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Virginia required.
- Current trainer certification in medication management, CPR/First Aid and MANDT required, or must be willing to acquire.
- Must have provided nursing services to individuals with mental/behavioral disorders and to the developmentally disabled at a local community level. Must have the basic Microsoft Excel skills, ability to use Google apps, pull reports and analyze and explain data.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.