COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
South Hill, VA.
February 5, 2024
$28,723.00 - $42,341.00
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual to provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities. Position located at Mecklenburg Community Support Day Program in South Hill, Virginia. This position provides individual services and group instruction to adults in areas of pre-vocational, social, interpersonal and independent living skills, education, medication management and psycho-education.
- Provides ongoing input to the CSP Supervisor about client and program concerns.
- Follows prescribed strategies for psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Documentation of quarterly progress reviews. Maintains daily records, assists with medications, maintains client charts for licensure requirements.
- Follows policies and procedures at the Southside Behavioral Health for Community Day Support Program.
- Associate’s Degree in a human services field (social work, psychology, psychiatric rehabilitation, sociology, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, human services counseling) required, with at least one year’s experience providing direct services to persons with a diagnosis of mental illness.
- CPR; First Aid; Medication Assistance and MANDT Training; or be trained on site.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.