CASE MANAGER – SCHOOL BASED
Brunswick County, Virginia
October 21, 2022
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified case manager for its School Based services located in Lawrenceville, VA. Individual provides case management services to high-risk children (ages 3-18) enrolled in the Brunswick county school system.
- Providing basic counseling services including supportive counseling, family assessment and intervention, and crisis intervention.
- Ensuring that youth receive services to assist them in accessing the needed medical, psychiatric, social education and attending IEP or school disciplinarian meetings as needed and other supports essential to meeting their basic needs.
- Completing assessments of service needs of the designated population, preparation and implementation of service plans and monitoring progress, coordinating and accessing service delivery programs while advocating for needed resources and services.
- Completes home visits to provide the above services, maintains appropriate casework documentation and provides information on mental illness.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services provision for the mentally disabled/children services with a major area of study encompassing evaluation, assessment, treatment/service planning & casework documentation required.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Must be able to work independently.
- There will be a partial work from home option after the 6 month probationary period is completed. Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.