CASE MANAGER – PERMANENT SUPPORTIVE HOUSING
October 30, 2023
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who provides case management services to individuals and their families who are clients receiving services through the SBH operational programs to include Permanent Supportive Housing. The intensive case manager’s activities involve preparation of service plans, coordinating and accessing service delivery programs, necessary support services, pre-admission and pre-discharge planning and casework documentation for individuals requiring a high level of services.
- Completes client assessments and evaluations to determine the appropriate needs for services including connection to psychiatry, behavioral health services, medical services, substance use services, primary care and specialty services as indicated.
- Provides intensive case management services to individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness, substance use disorder, co-occurring disorders that require intensive services, community advocacy, linkage and collateral contacts support and monitoring.
- Establishes a supportive relationship with individuals, their families and their community care givers, communicating unconditional positive regard and providing education, problem solving, and promoting growth, stability, self-esteem and case community adjustment for individuals returning to the community.
- Completes home visits with clients and their families to assure that ISP’s are fully implemented and satisfactorily carried out as well as identify any additional concerns, problems or special needs requiring a response. This may include crisis services and assessments for decompensation.
- Monitors clients in state/private facilities and serves as liaison for pre-admission, pre-discharge and discharge planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human service field.
- QMHP-A preferred, but QMHP-A supervision and training provided.
- Provision and coordination of services to the mentally disabled populations at a local community level, to include assessment, evaluation and planning of services, casework documentation, as well as utilization of available community resources for the mentally disabled.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.