CASE MANAGER – CHILDREN
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
January 12, 2023
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified applicant for its case management children services department located in Boydton, VA. Incumbent provides case management services to high-risk children (ages 3-18) and their families receiving services through the SBH operational programs by providing basic counseling services including supportive counseling, family assessment and intervention, and crisis intervention to clients in Halifax, Mecklenburg, and Brunswick counties. Works extended hours one day a week until 7:00 pm.
- Include preparing Individual Service Plans, Quarterlies, DLA-20’s and other needed paperwork as required by Licensing & Medicaid.
- Carries a caseload of 35 and no more than 40.
- Provides case management services to individuals that are Serious Emotionally Disturbed and at risk youth and families.
- Completes monthly home, school and community visits to families.
- Provides Juvenile Restoration Services to families.
- Coordinate services with other service providers in the community.
- Attend IEP meetings, coordinate with school staff as needed.
- Advocates for families and links to resources in the community as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention, and assists in the management and collaboration of crisis stabilization in the home and school setting for children as needed.
- Promotes excellence customer service to youth and families in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, psychology or any human services related field required.
- QMHP-C preferred, ability to obtain QMHP-C required. Experience in the provision & coordination of services to the mentally disabled/children services at a local community level (to include assessment, evaluation & planning of services, casework documentation, as well as utilization of available community resources for the mentally disabled).
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.