CARE COORDINATOR – CHILD
March 8, 2023
Southside Behavioral Health (SBH) provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual for the Child Care Coordinator position. This position activities involve identifying individuals within a target population (ie. mental health and/or substance use with chronic medical issues), maintaining a data registry of their target health parameters, providing education to individuals regarding their health and wellness, helping to motivate individuals to create and sustain change, contributing toward individual service plans, and coordinating and accessing service delivery programs. In addition, they may assist with connecting individuals and families to necessary support services, engage in pre-admission and pre-discharge planning, and maintain casework documentation. The care coordinator will support and encourage clients to maintain ongoing stability and function at their highest levels.
- Completes client assessments and evaluations to determine their needs for services and appropriate interventions.
- Contributes to client Individual Service Plans (ISP’s) consistent with assessments.
- Makes referrals and linkages for clients and their families for accessing support and medical services identified through assessments and treatment team recommendations, then follows through to ensure connections have been made.
- Creates and maintains a data registry of clients within the targeted population that includes their mental and physical health parameters.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team staffings
- Collaborates with treatment team providers, both within and outside of SBH
- Provides education to clients and families on common chronic medical and mental health conditions, helping to motivate individuals to create and sustain necessary changes to improve their overall mental and physical well-being
- Documents in electronic health record; requests and reviews outside records relevant to the care of their clients
- Engage in pre-admission and pre-discharge planning; facilitate any transitions of care
- Partner with psychiatric providers to perform outreach and engagement of clients and communicate with them between their appointments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in human service field; or nursing certification.
- Experience or specialized training in working with clients with serious mental illness or serious emotional disturbance and comorbid chronic medical conditions.
- QMHP-C Required, LPN or above preferred
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer,women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.