RN/LPN – BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
October 21, 2022
LPN $35,942 to $52,984/RN $39,803 to $58,675
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse for its Mecklenburg Child & Family Center, located in Boydton, VA. This position will provide nursing services to adults, children and adolescents with behavioral health diagnoses. The position will primarily provide nursing coverage for children and adolescents out of our Mecklenburg County office. Candidate will be required to provide nursing coverage to the adult population once a week at our Halifax office.
- Obtains vital signs on individuals at the time of their medication evaluation and management appointment; provides individual and family education on Body Mass Index (BMI); assists psychiatric medication providers during appointments and as needed.
- Administers injections as prescribed by SBH psychiatric medication providers; performs venipunctures as ordered by psychiatric medication providers; monitors lab results and notifies psychiatric medication providers of any changes.
- Monitors individuals for any adverse reactions to medications and informs the psychiatric provider.
- Maintains required documentation and medical records; reviews individuals’ medical profiles in EHR and updates medication list as needed; completes prior authorizations.
- Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and coordinates with other SBH staff; coordinates with other medical providers such as primary care physicians.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and general nursing skills along with knowledge of substance use disorders in the adult, child and adolescent population.
- He/she should also have knowledge of psychotropic medications and their adverse reactions.
- Full time schedule Monday- Friday, working extended hours twice a week. No on-call or weekends required.
- Licensed RN or LPN in the state of Virginia required.
- CPR and First Aid certified, required. Registered Nurse formal training or Licensed Practical Nurse formal training required.
- One to two years of nursing experience in behavioral health is preferred. Experience working with children and adolescents preferred.
- Must possess effective communication/documentation skills and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements. Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.