BEHAVIORAL HEALTH NURSE
South Boston, VA.
February 5, 2024
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified applicant to provide nursing services to individuals who are diagnosed with behavioral health, substance use disorder and/or intellectual disability who receive psychiatric services through the SBH behavioral health outpatient services. Obtains vital signs on individuals at the time of their medication evaluation and management appointment; provides individual and family education on Body Mass Index (BMI); assists psychiatric medication providers during appointments and as needed. Administers injections as prescribed by SBH psychiatric medication providers; performs venipunctures as ordered by psychiatric medication providers; monitors lab results and notifies psychiatric medication providers of any changes. Schedule is Monday through Friday, no weekends or on call required.
- Performs nursing assessments and intakes as required and updates medication list in the EHR.
- Assist psychiatric medication providers during appointments and as needed.
- Coordinates with psychiatric medication providers for medication refills as needed; maintains prior authorizations for individual’s medications as required by insurance.
- Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and coordinates with other SBH staff; coordinates with other medical providers such as primary care physicians.
- Monitors client appointments and appropriate follow-up. Reviews psychiatric providers schedules and coordinates with Centralized Scheduling, the Lead Therapist and Lead CM to fill the schedule.
- Provides nursing coverage in other agency locations as needed.
- Licensed LPN in the state of Virginia, CPR and First Aid certified, required.
- Two to three years of nursing experience required; one to two years of providing services to individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorder preferred.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Excellent Benefits package and Virginia Retirement System. Tuition repayment program is available to eligible individuals.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.