BEHAVIORAL HEALTH NURSING SUPERVISOR
Halifax County, Virginia
September 15, 2023
$48,000 - $75,000
Southside Behavioral Health provides individualized culturally competent care in our communities, by supporting wellness and quality of life in a recovery-oriented environment and professional manner. Covering the counties of Halifax, Mecklenburg and Brunswick, VA. Our behavioral health services are backed with community involvement and values.
SBH is seeking a qualified individual who will be responsible for the supervision of the behavioral health nurses in Brunswick, Halifax and Mecklenburg County. This responsibility will include preparing performance evaluations and providing ongoing supervision. Ensures nursing coverage and/or provides nursing services when coverage is needed for adults with behavioral health and substance use disorders who are in SBH behavioral health outpatient services as well as services for children and adolescents in the Children & Family Services program. Provides supervision and care coordination assignments to care coordinators for both adult and child clients. Maintains required documentation and medical records; reviews individuals’ medical profiles in EHR and updates medication list as needed; responsible for chart audits and reviewing the documentation of the behavioral health nurses and care coordinators for compliance; participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and coordinates with other SBH staff; coordinates with other medical providers such as primary care physicians as needed.
- Provides on-site nursing services as needed and may work remotely on non-clinic days to perform administrative and supervisory duties.
- Provides training and supervision to licensed behavioral health nurses and care coordinators.
- Completes performance evaluations for behavioral health nurses and care coordinators in accordance with SBH policies and procedures.
- Reviews nursing activities, policies and procedures, protocols and documentation to ensure that services comply with federal, state and agency requirements.
- Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia required.
- At least 3 years of nursing experience required and at least 2 years providing nursing services to individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorder preferred.
- Must meet all criminal background and drug screening requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record, required.
As an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment.